Wednesday, July 20, 2022
1:00 pm-1:45 pm
As recreational cannabis legalization emerges as a key policy issue, Ohio policymakers have an opportunity to develop a new regulatory framework for cannabis, informed by the successes and failures of tobacco and alcohol control policy.
In this webinar, HPIO will share data and information from recent reports that help policymakers and other stakeholders apply the lessons learned from tobacco and alcohol to improve tobacco and alcohol control policy and inform equitable and effective cannabis regulation in the future. In addition, HPIO will share results of a recent analysis of death trends among working-age Ohioans that highlights the importance of addressing addiction to improve health in Ohio.
- Presentation slides
- Webinar recording
- Data Snapshot: Death Trends among Working-age Ohioans
- Tobacco, Alcohol and Health Series: Implications for Future Cannabis Policy
- Tobacco, Alcohol and Health Series: Health Impacts of Excessive Alcohol Use in Ohio
- Tobacco, Alcohol and Health Series: Health Impacts of Tobacco Use in Ohio
- OSU resource: A Comparison of Marijuana Reform Proposals in Ohio