Thursday, February 25, 2021
11:00 am-12:30 pm
COVID-19 vaccines have the potential to save lives and change the course of the pandemic. State policymakers are confronting a wide range of decisions to ensure the vaccines are effectively deployed in Ohio.
This forum will provide an overview of the national vaccine policy landscape, ethical issues and the current status of vaccine development and distribution.
Speakers will also address:
- Vaccine tracking data systems
- Distribution logistics
- Equitable access for disadvantaged communities and prioritization of at-risk groups including older adults
- Communications and public education
- Dr. Angela Hill, Professor and Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs, Project Director, WE-CARE, Taneja College of Pharmacy, University of South Florida
- Debbie Kaminer, Professor, Department of Law, Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College (CUNY)
- Rachana Pradhan, National Correspondent, Kaiser Health News
- Dr. Mysheika Roberts, Health Commissioner, Columbus Public Health