Friday, February 23, 2024
10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Throughout the state, creative and caring Ohioans are working together to design and implement programs that improve health and well-being in their communities. Private philanthropy, nonprofit organizations and public entities are launching pilot programs to test whether an innovative or tailored approach can achieve desired outcomes.
Last year, HPIO released two publications, "From Pilot to Policy," to assist stakeholders and policymakers in promising health and human services pilot programs and developing policy and systems change. This webinar will explore the impact of using data and evidence in making policy and budget decisions, as well as how to communicate with policymakers about effective programs. The expert panelists will also share their perspectives on the roles of evaluation and accountability in allocating resources.
- Max Crowley, Ph.D., HDFS, Professor, Human Development and Family Studies and Public Policy; Director, the Edna Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center; and Director of the Evidence-to-Impact Collaborative, Pennsylvania State University
- Sarah Needler, MPA, Associate Director for State Impact, Results for America
- The Honorable Michele Reynolds, Ohio State Senate
- The Honorable Allison Russo, Minority Leader, Ohio House of Representatives
- Bill Beagle, MBA,Senior Director of Policy and Program Administration, Ohio Treasurer’s Office
- Ursel McElroy, MPA, Director, Ohio Department of Aging
- Marisa Weisel, MPH, Deputy Director of Strategic Initiatives, Ohio Department of Medicaid
- Kara Wente, MSE, Director, Ohio Department of Children and Youth
- From Pilot to Policy: Tools for program staff, philanthropy and other stakeholders
- From Pilot to Policy: Considerations for state and local policymakers
Results for America resources
- Results for America Evidence Definitions
- Results for America Invest in What Works State Standard of Excellence
- Results for America Honor Roll of State Grant Programs that Define and Prioritize Evidence of Effectiveness
- Federal What Works Clearinghouse
- Results First Clearinghouse
- Results for America Economic Mobility Catalog
2023 Educational Event Sponsors:
This event was on the calendar for 2023, due to scheduling conflicts it was moved to 2/23/2024. We are grateful to our 2023 forum sponsors for supporting this event.