Thursday, Feb. 16, 2023
1 pm-1:30 pm ET
Clean air and water, safe places to walk outside and access to healthy food are examples of conditions in the physical environment that affect the health and well-being of Ohioans. HPIO’s Health Value Dashboard™ includes data and analysis that shows the physical environment has a much stronger correlation with the overall health of a state than access to care or healthcare system performance.This webinar will explore findings from HPIO’s latest brief, “A closer look at outdoor air pollution and health,” and discuss how:
- Air pollution affects health outcomes
- Recent policy changes may affect air pollution
- Outdoor air quality can be improved in Ohio
- HPIO publication: A closer look at outdoor air pollution and health
- Webinar recording
- Presentation slides
East Palestine train derailment
- “Residents near the train derailment are told it’s safe to go home. Is it?” National Public Radio, Feb. 16
- “Is the air in East Palestine safe to breathe? Here’s what experts and officials say,” Columbus Dispatch, Feb. 14
- “What are vinyl chloride and isobutylene? More about the chemicals released in Ohio train derailment,” Columbus Dispatch, Feb. 14
- “After the Ohio Train Derailment: Evacuations, Toxic Chemicals and Water Worries” New York Times, Feb. 13
This webinar was made possible by the generous support of our 2023 Educational Events Series Sponsors and the SC Ministry Foundation for their unique contribution to this project.
HPIO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Please consider making a donation to support our work.