Tuesday, May 3, 2022
11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Medicaid can be leveraged to make large-scale policy changes that impact the health of enrollees. This summer, the Ohio Department of Medicaid will launch the “Next Generation of Ohio Medicaid Managed Care,” which includes the implementation of several strategic initiatives. At the same time, the Ohio Department of Medicaid will soon have to conduct redetermination of eligibility for Medicaid enrollees because of the impending end of the federal Public Health Emergency.
This forum will explore upcoming changes to the Ohio Medicaid program, implications of the end of the Public Health Emergency on Ohio Medicaid, innovations and promising practices in other states’ Medicaid programs and how the program can improve health, achieve equity for enrollees and lead to more sustainable healthcare spending in Ohio.
- Maureen Corcoran, Director, Ohio Department of Medicaid
- Rachel Cahill, Visiting Fellow, The Center for Community Solutions
- Jim Ashmore, Policy Director, Ohio Job and Family Services Directors’ Association
- Hemi Tewarson, Executive Director, National Academy for State Health Policy
- Angela Abenaim, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield Health Equity Director, Ohio Medicaid
- Corazon Eaton, Director of Health Equity, Buckeye Community Health Plan
- Christina Kalnicki, Director Population Health, OhioRISE, Aetna
- Dr. Ericka King-Betts, Director of Health Equity, Humana Health Plan of Ohio
- Dr. Patricia Lyons, Market Health Equity Program Director, AmeriHealth Caritas of Ohio
- Shelly Milvet, Director of Population Health, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio
- Nathan Reiter, Director of Health Equity & Cultural Competency, Molina Healthcare of Ohio
- Kate Tullio, Director of Health Equity, CareSource Ohio
[Moderator] Loren Anthes, Senior Fellow/William C. and Elizabeth M. Treuhaft Chair for Health Planning, The Center for Community Solutions
- Forum evaluation
- Webinar recording
- Forum agenda
- Powerpoint slides from forum speakers
- Ohio Medicaid Basics Update: Trends in Enrollment and Expenditures During the COVID-19 Pandemic — Health Policy Institute of Ohio
- Changes Coming to Medicaid in Ohio — Get Covered Ohio (Ohio Association of Foodbanks)
- Ohio Medicaid transition social media/outreach material (Google drive) — Ohio Association of Foodbanks
This online forum was provided at no cost to participants, thanks to the generous support of our 2022 Educational Events Series Sponsors.
HPIO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Please consider making a donation to support our work.