Health and education are areas of significant focus for Ohio policymakers, representing the largest shares of Ohio’s biennial budget for state fiscal years (SFY) 2016-2017. Among the 971 bills introduced in the 131st General Assembly between Jan. 1, 2015 and Nov. 4, 2016, 42 percent were related to health and/or education. This brief provides an overview of the relationship between education and health.
- Policy Brief No. 2: Health Services in Schools describes how Ohio schools are providing health services to students (Released: July 2017)
- Policy Brief No. 3: The Importance of Early Learning describes early learning policies and programs including early childhood education, home visiting and social-emotional development (Released: October 2017)
- Policy brief No. 4: School-based drug and violence prevention and mental health promotion focuses on policies and programs that build protective factors for children, including prevention education, social-emotional learning and positive behavior programs and school climate improvement initiatives (Released: August 2018)
- “Intersections between education and health” is an extensive online resource page
- Summary of school health service requirements under Ohio law
Share this publication
We encourage you to share this policy brief widely with policymakers and other key stakeholders. Full color hard copies of the Connections Between Education and Health policy briefs are available by request, in limited quantities. Fill out the form below to order copies.