Webinar: Connections between pretrial incarceration, community safety and health
Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022
1 pm-1:30 pm ET
1 pm-1:30 pm ET
Every Ohioan wants to live in a community that is safe, provides opportunities for good health and where their families can flourish. For several years, policymakers across Ohio have been engaged in bipartisan efforts to reform the money bail system with the goal of increasing safety and justice in Ohio communities. By learning from other states and implementing evidence-based reforms to the money bail system, policymakers can improve health, advance equity and reduce healthcare and criminal justice spending in Ohio.
This webinar will explore these findings from the brief, Connections between criminal justice and health: Pretrial incarceration and the bail system:
- The impact of pretrial incarceration on individuals and communities
- The current state of pretrial policy in Ohio and promising bail alternatives in other states
- State and local policy options to reform the money bail system
- Presentations slides
- Webinar recording
- Connections between criminal justice and health: Pretrial incarceration and the bail system
- Connections between criminal justice and health
- Connections between criminal justice and health: Insights on justice and race
- Facts & Figures (PowerPoint data graphics from the report for public use)
This webinar was made possible by the generous support of our 2022 Educational Events Series Sponsors. The brief associated with this webinar was financially assisted by the Ohio State Bar Foundation.
HPIO is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Please consider making a donation to support our work.