Health coverage options for Ohioans without access to affordable employer-sponsored health insurance will change significantly in 2014. Open enrollment for Ohio’s federally facilitated marketplace begins Oct. 1, 2013, for coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2014. Ohio’a decision to expand Medicaid, combined with the introduction of an online eligibility and enrollment system, also will dramatically change the way Medicaid coverage is accessed in 2014.
This forum explored questions such as:
- What are the new coverage options and who is eligible?
- What consumer assistance programs are in place to help consumers?
- What messaging and outreach strategies work?
- How can organizations get involved in this work?
DOWNLOAD COLUMBUS PRESENTATIONS
- Keynote address, Jocelyn Guyer, Director at Manatt Health Solutions
- “Ohio Medicaid: eligibility and enrollment,” Doug Lumpkin, Ohio Department of Administrative Services
- “Ohio’s Federally-Facilitated Marketplace,” Mary Wachtel, HPIO
DOWNLOAD AKRON PRESENTATIONS
- Keynote address, Tricia Brooks, Senior Fellow, Center for Children and Families, Georgetown University Health Policy Institute
- Ohio Medicaid: Eligibility and enrollment, Doug Lumpkin, Ohio Department of Administrative Services
- Ohio’s federally facilitated marketplace, Michaela M. Monaghan, External Affairs Liaison/Health Insurance Specialist Office of the Regional Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
July 18-19, 2013