Ensuring access to care: The state’s role in strengthening Ohio’s primary care workforce
Friday, July 18, 2014 9:45 AM – 2:30 PM
With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in full swing, there is a greater demand for access to comprehensive, integrated and appropriate health services.
This forum will explore the State’s role in strengthening the primary health care workforce through strategic policy decisions.
- Dr. Barbara Ross Lee, Vice President, Health Sciences and Medical Affairs, New York Institute of Technology
- Catherine Dower, Health Policy Consultant
The event will conclude with a panel discussion on primary care workforce featuring representatives from Minnesota, Ohio, and West Virginia.
- “The ACA and emerging models of team-based care: The role of nurses” — Catherine Dower, Health Policy Consultant
- “Training tomorrow’s doctors and nurses in team-based primary care” — Dr. Ted Wymyslo, Chief Medical Officer, Ohio Association of Community Health
- “Moving toward patient-centered medical homes: An update from the Ohio Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative” — Dr. Richard Shonk, Co-chair of the Ohio Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- “Strategies for addressing state healthcare workforce supply and demand: A focus on data and policy” — Heather Reed, Chief, Bureau of Community Health Services and Patient-Centered Primary Care, Ohio Department of Health